Monday, January 15, 2018

The Condition of Your Heart

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right and steadfast spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10 (AMP)

Life happens to us. Life happens in us. Life happens for us. And because life happens, we sometimes find ourselves all over the place. We may be happy one minute, sad the next, then frustrated, then worried, and the list goes on. Things around and in us cause us to feel this myriad of emotions that  doesn't necessarily have to do with anyone else. It has everything to do with us and the condition of our hearts.

David found himself in a quandary in the above passage. So much transpired in and through him, and he needed to be still. He knew he had sinned against God and wanted forgiveness. He didn't blame anyone else for his actions. He took responsibility for his vile actions, humbled himself, repented, and asked God for forgiveness.

I've not felt my loving self for a few days. I've been attitudinal, recluse, short, and simply bothered. It could be cabin fever. It could be I'm over being sick and just want to get well. It could be that I've allowed some stuff to creep in that's not like God. Either way, I know that I don't like it and desire to do something about it. This had led me to our prayer focus and study this week...our hearts. Each day this week, I will meditate on one of these Scriptures to help get me back to where I need to be and in His presence.

Psalm 51:10 (today's Scripture)
Romans 10:10
Ezekiel 36:26
Proverbs 4:23
James 4:8
Jeremiah 17:10


Every day will not be happy. Every moment will not be one filled with laughter and fun. Every experience will not be a golden one. However, we can invite Him in and allow Him to work fully and completely on our hearts to change them, so we can experience all that He has in store for us.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, create in me a clean heart. Remove any and every thing that hinders me from who You have called me to be. Replace worry with peace, doubt with clarity, and sadness with joy. Restore love in my heart. The unconditional and agape love that You have for me, let me have that and show that towards others. I pray that You will ease any tension that may try to come upon me this week. I know that You have a divine plan for my life. Let me and my flesh get out of the way of that. Help me to discern when what I'm feeling is not You. Help me to grow. Forgive me for a stony heart, a pierced heart, a contrite heart. Restore joy and love and peace and meekness and loving kindness in the Name of Jesus. I desire more of You and less of me in my heart now.  I love You. I trust You. And I thank You in advance for the turnaround. In Jesus' Name...amen.

Be blessed,
Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment